This is a 6 month contract starting in June with strong chance of extension/internalisation.
You will work on a strategic project with the aim of creating a Wealth Engine in a cross functional and sociable team where all of the exciting disruptive developments to do with portfolio optimization and visualization are brought to life, covering Quantitative, Platform, Optimization and User Interface aspects.
The role includes a cross-border collaboration with team members in Zurich and Poland, which creates an excellent networking and experience-sharing opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Implementation of new requirements, with particular focus on scalability, architecture, stability, automated testing
• Interaction with an international team of developers, architects, quantitative investment professionals and leading the effort
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Several years (7+) of experience implementing mission critical server side application in core Java
• Strong experience in designing applications using micro service architecture
• Strong experience in API design and related technologies (OpenAPI, Swagger, REST, gRPC)
• Experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes / OpenShift, cloud & containerization technologies)
• Strong experience in highly available, multi-threaded low latency platforms
• Experience in Java application frameworks (Spring Boot)
• Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns (Spring integration, Apache Camel)
• Experience in messaging frameworks (Apache Kafka, Apache ActiveMQ)
• Good knowledge of Angular 5/6, experience implementing web based GUIs
• Postgraduate (Masters or PhD) studies in technical discipline from renowned university (e.g. computer science, math, physics, engineering)
• Experience of Agile practices and processes (e.g. SCRUM, KANBAN
In this role our client offers exposure to cutting-edge technologies and approaches for portfolio construction, trade recommendation, asset allocation
The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and home office will be offered post COVID (2-3 days per week).
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland.
Are you a passionate Java specialist looking for a role within an international and progressive environment? We look forward to receiving a copy of your CV.