Application support, Unix, SQL, Banking
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Joining a small and international application support team in a fast-paced environment, your responsibilities would on maintaining the quality of the applications offered and working closely with the Business Operations team and external parties
on all technical related matters using technologies like Unix, SQL, Java, AWS, DataDog and Cloudwatch.
The team mainly works with on prem technologies however will be moving to the cloud soon.
Replacing a team member who has taken an internal move, you would be responsible for the following:
• Provide technical and business support for internal and external users of business-critical applications.
• Provide quick resolutions for application issues and leading technical discussions with clients and projects.
• Work with Business Analysts, Infrastructure team, and Developers to investigate and re-solve reported issues.
• Participate in application releases - from gathering requirements, requirement analysis, performing UAT testing, to assisting in deployments to production.
• Post deployment checks and continuous monitoring of all applications. Troubleshoot application errors and suggest appropriate resolution.
• Assess risk and impact of production issues and communicate the same with business and technology teams in a timely manner.
• Ensure that database performance, storage, data scrambling procedures, data archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly.
As the perfect candidate you are a collaborative and proactive candidate with solid experience providing application support. You will possess the following skills and experience:
• 3+ years of professional experience as application support or providing technical support ideally in banking or financial services
• Experience in Unix scripting language
• Strong SQL knowledge
• Knowledge / experience in programming languages (ideally Java)
• Fluency in English
• Ability to do on call (typically once a month)
Ideally you would have knowledge of the following:
• Knowledge / experience in message transfer protocols or electronic data interchange
• Knowledge / experience in release management
• Professional experience with AWS Cloud technology or cloud monitoring technologies like DataDog and Cloudwatch
Please note interviews would be conducted via video call (with final round on site), however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. Our client offers:
• Multicultural company where English is the main language
• Competitive salary (including bonus)
• The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment with a strong team spirit and personal atmosphere
• Very stable company with great market reputation, currently ramping up with new projects with partner companies
• Flat organization structure with cross-functional roles and short decision-making processes
• Hybrid working model (2 days per week working from home)
• Great office location close to train station in Zug (only 20 mins on the train from Zurich)
• 20 days working remotely from abroad per year
Please note priority will be given to local based candidate available immediately.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in a market leading financial company with great growth prospects for the future? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.