This is a rolling 6 month contract starting ASAP and no later than July 2021, with a strong chance of extension (up to two years) or even internalization.
As the successful candidate you will join a small team a global team of 15+ engineers and supporters responsible for the bank’s strategic big data platform, with a focus on production stability and throughput in an agile environment and ongoing administration of the bank’s Big Data infrastructure. The role also requires to monitor incident queues and response to users in timely manner and to resolve the issues on the Big Data Platform.
Your responsibilities will consist of managing the full lifecycle of all Big Data clusters globally, this involves from the scratch installation until the clusters are operational:
• Installation of Big Data Platform
• Automation of upgrade and Install steps
• Scripting using Ansible and Python to install and upgrade the big data platform
• Troubleshooting and supporting the Big data platforms across all regions
As a member of our team, you will support big data clients with data spanning the organization to solve emerging challenges via the utilization of new technologies such as:
• Distributed file systems and datastore technologies (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Kudu, Phoenix)
• Large-scale distributed data analytic platforms and compute environments (Spark, Map/Reduce)
• Streaming technologies such as Kafka, NiFi, Flink
• Data Connection and Enrichment
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set candidate should be flexible to work with multiple requests, tickets, issues and deliverables. The following experience is required:
• 6+ years of experience in enterprise IT at a global organization
• 3+ years in Big Data support or Big Data Administration role
• Strong Scripting knowledge – Python and UNIX
• Big Data Administration experience – using Cloudera and Hadoop ecosystem
• Fluency in English
Our client offers a collaborative and progressive environment as part of the Strategic Data Platform big data environment and the chance to be part of the bank’s strategic digitalization and big data evolution, with a focus on production stability and also throughput in an agile environment.
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now, however post COVID occasional home office will be permitted.