The main purpose of this position is to understand the business needs and to analyse, validate and document the business and IT system requirements, to work independently and/or in close collaboration with the Team Leader in conjunction with business stakeholders to ensure proposed processes and systems respond to the business requirements and align to the overall business & IT strategy. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business processes, systems and industry requirements. The focus is on Commercial (including sales and marketing) and Medical Affairs business processes relating to customer engagement models and digital content management including reporting and analytics.
Main Tasks include:
• Assessment of user needs through close cooperation with business functions to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in accordance with the IT strategy and architecture
• Build strong relationships with complex customer groups, developing understanding of business strategy, future direction, changes and needs
• Support the development of internal stakeholder business & IT roadmaps
• Support/lead high-level investigations on functional and technical requirements specifications and feasibility studies and advise on practical alternatives
• Lead business analysis process design efforts to analyse, document and review business processes and research and analyse new and existing products, procedures or workflow needs for new opportunities or process re-engineering
• Lead the creation of business impact assessments and business readiness plans to determine the impacts of changes on business units and roles
• Define and draft system scope and objectives and translate these business requirements into design specifications ensuring that requirements are effectively met, tested and implemented
• Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications and facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications
• Liaise between the IT team and the business to agree on user requirement scope and delivery
• Ongoing troubleshooting, user support, and maintenance of the systems to ensure customer satisfaction
• Focal point to communicate system related problems in collaboration with IT teams and software vendor on changes, fixes and updates
• Management of the system release process including vendor management, coordination of validation activities with development and execution of testing
• Configuration or development of new system functionalities based on user requirements
• Development of training documentation and eLearning modules and coordination and provision of end user training
• Creation of system related QS documentation in compliance with relevant policies and standards
• Guarantee compliance to CSV requirements (when applicable), IT Policies and Standards
• University Degree (Computer Science, Information Systems preferred) or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of professional experience with preferably 3 years in the commercial area of pharmaceuticals industry
• Technical skills:
o Experienced in managing software as a service (SaaS)
o Good analytical skills with ability to understand business requirements and transform into IT solutions
o Independent, and hands-on working style, team player, highly self-motivated, proactive and change oriented
o Lean thinking capable to drive process simplicity throughout the organization by leveraging technology solutions.
o Experienced in multichannel CRM customer engagement models in pharmaceutical industry.
o Experienced in system administration of Veeva Multichannel CRM, Veeva Align, Veeva Vault PromoMats and Veeva Vault MedComms is an asset.
o Versed in the pharmaceutical industry practices and regulations and its applicability to IT.