For our international banking client, Swisslinx are looking for a motivated C# .Net Developer with strong database skills, passion for Unit Testing and knowledge of Python for a challenging long term contract role on a project running for the next two to three years in Basel, Switzerland.
This is a rolling contract role starting ASAP offering the successful candidate an ideal opportunity to build on their experience as a developer in a dynamic and quality focused environment.
In your role as C# .NET Developer, you will work in a small team of business facing developers and support the enhancement of two business critical systems to enhance reporting capabilities.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Interfacing with an external calculation application and store the data in an existing internal database
• Exporting data into a new star-schema based database
• Designing and performing quality checks on the received data, including time series analysis
• Provide .NET-based GUIs to business users to visualise data and configure calculation settings
• Process incoming data from various sources (databases, Excel files, PDFs, csv, Bloomberg)
• Apply a range of calculation transformations in python to the data to produce aggregated reporting results
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Excellent C# programming knowledge with at least 5 years of experience
• Ability to test Python scripts and familiarity with Python v3.5+, pandas, pytest, matplotlib
• Experience with Entity Framework/.NET Core
• Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2016+
• Desire for high code quality and architecture, utilizing techniques such as refactoring, unit- and integration testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and pair programming
• Knowledge of financial instruments and transactions a plus
• Background working according to Agile or SCRUM practices desirable
• Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills in English
• You are a self-starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
Are you interested to work in an international environment and leader in the field? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.