On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is looking for an experienced and hands-on Customs & Excise Manager to join their Tax team in Geneva.
- Ensure quality handling of all customs & excise matters globally in line with the local legislation and global/regional priorities
- Set-up controls with regard to non-preferential and preferential origin management, customs classification of commodities traded by the group and customs brokers used by the company
- Standardise and review local procedures and controls in locations such as refineries and terminals
- Assist Tax team in the review of third party customs & excise profile and licenses and liaise with Tax colleagues with regard to customs valuation affecting transfer pricing
- Advise Traders and Operators and provide trainings to raise awareness on the customs & excise risks
- Cooperate with the Corporate Finance team in relation to acquisition projects
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role; experience in a Big 4 and expertise in the Commodity Trading sector an advantage
- Relevant education background
- Ability to work independently and to deal with all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, Spanish and French an advantage
What’s on offer
Our client is a leading and reputable Commodity Trading group offering stability and a challenging environment. This opportunity will ideally suit someone hands-on.