On behalf of our client, a global bank with headquarters in Zurich, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with PERL scripting skills Windows Server experience to join an ITSM driven project within our client’s global Data Engineering Team.
This is a rolling 12 month contract with a strong chance of extension and a start date in be June/July 2019
You will work in a small team based in Zurich, Poland and India and support key deliveries based on ServiceNow platform and its MidServer infrastructure, which consists of Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with multiple automatic and semiautomatic integrations with various tools and applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead ServiceNow Data Integration Engineering stream including development and maintenance of ServiceNow MidServer infrastructure, executing changes & analysis of incidents and problem tickets.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert & Lead Point of Contact for ETL data transformation scripts built in PERL.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with many different teams such as product owners, internal customers, application owners & vendors in order to identify solutions and drive positive change.
• Drive continuous service improvement initiatives including process optimization, automation via scripts and other innovations.
• Support creation of DevOps tool chain interfaces with ServiceNow (namely ServiceNow scripting parts)
• Deliver valuable input into the Future Strategy, which is building a complete set of end-to-end Services based on ServiceNow and various integrations via MidServer and cloud based orchestration tools.
The team is open, collaborative and works in a demanding and highly complex environment.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Windows Servers administration
• Knowledge of PERL scripting (or failing that Python or PowerShell)
• Knowledge of Data Management and ETL topics and ability to write SQL scripts
• ServiceNow deployment experience nice to have (ideally you have Mid Server infrastructure experience & ability to maintain it)
• Ability to run projects end to end
• Good spoken and written English
Are you interested in a new challenge? Then please send us your full CV.