This is a rolling 12 month contract in Zurich starting in January 2020 with a strong potential for extension (up to two years).
As the successful candidate you will join a small team of highly qualified individuals who are supporting the management and execution of Primary Market and Listed securities for Private and Wealth Management clients.
The focus will be on taking a role as Site Reliability Engineer within a development team supporting client demand and electronic trading infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Design and implementation of FIX and electronic gateway components of the Trading Order and Execution systems
• Onboarding of new clients and maintenance of existing clients on our electronic trading platform
• Production support and analysis of end-to-end trading flows
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications who can fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
• Minimum 7+ years in a similar role (such as Software Development/Architecture, Engineering, Production Support) in the financial/ banking industry
• Deep knowledge of FIX protocol, broker/exchange connectivity, Bloomberg/Reuters, and other relevant industry standards
• Profound knowledge of front office trading and/or order management systems
• Ability to think analytically and perform detailed investigation on end-to-end flows within a complex landscape
• Experience/strong interest in DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
• Some experience with application development, preferably Java
• Knowledge and experience within a Unix environment, and network infrastructure (eg. VPNs, firewalls, etc)
• Good communication skills in English
We look forward to receiving your application.