This is a 12-month contract with a strong chance of extension based in Zurich starting no later than April 2020.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will possess the following skills:
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Web Developer or Front End Developer
- In depth understanding of UI design and development (experience with UX desirable)
- Good CSS and HTML knowledge
- Experience with trading systems and/or working in a banking or front office environment helpful, or at least within a large complex environment
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Someone that shows initiative and resourcefulness and a willingness to learn
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
As the successful applicant you will work in a dynamic and international team located in Zurich, which is further building out the functionalities of the primary cross-asset trading platform in the bank.
The application recently migrated to HTML 5 (React.JS, Typescript, MobX) and built out its API layer (WCF, WebAPI2). In this demanding role our client aims to take the platform to the next level from both a product offering and global usage perspective over the next few years.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to get exposure to a wide array of business trading areas and the wealth management side of the bank.
You will be responsible for designing applications or customizing existing applications for use by a variety of consuming applications, predominantly web-based.
- Lead role in developing the applications User Interface and Service Layer
- Working closely with the business and other IT departments to design appropriate IT solutions in a complex trading environment
- Helps drive the team to deliver in a high paced challenging environment
- Drive a solid architecture and promotes good coding practices for the application and is motivated to help less senior team members strive for the same.
- Takes ownership of the code and takes the required steps to ensure the team delivers high quality features in agreed timeframes.
- Helps drive the team toward better DevOps practices
We look forward to receiving your full application.