This is a 12-month rolling contract with a strong chance of extension based in Zurich, Switzerland starting in January/February 2020.
You will work in a multi-cultural and sociable delivery team that owns applications and software components that are used by front facing employees (e.g. relationship managers, investment consultants) in the context of the advisory process as well as portfolio construction, analysis and monitoring.
Working in a small delivery focused team you will be responsible for new and/or enhanced functionalities for these applications/components as well as encouraged to take on additional responsibilities as per your career goals.
You responsibilities will include:
- Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions (frontend as well as backend)
- Build new functionalities and extend the existing application(s)
- Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (e.g., requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Write high quality technical documentation
- Support other team members (e.g., requirements engineering, testing) when needed
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will possess the following skills:
- Proven track record in software development and knowledge of object oriented programming patterns and principles
- Minimum 2 years development experience with Java/JEE in an enterprise level environment
- Knowledgeable in AngularJS/Angular 2+ (Typescript and Angular 2+ is a very strong plus)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Experienced with RESTful web services
- Experience of best-practices in an enterprise development environment (e.g., test-driven development, continuous integration, source code control)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Someone that shows initiative and resourcefulness
- Fluency in English (German advantageous)
Our client offers a rare opportunity within banking to work on various technologies across the bank in a challenging role with the possibility of growing/taking on additional responsibilities.