Mandated by our client, Swisslinx is looking for an experienced and business oriented Group Financial Controller (Group CFO -1) to play a key role in providing financial leadership of the Group Finance function and directly leading 10 people.
- Take the lead on all Group Accounting, Controlling, Consolidation, Reporting and Audit activities to ensure a globally harmonised approach to performance measurement and reporting flows
- Establish and develop modern and automated systems, processes and tools
- Lead and develop a team of Finance Business Partners, establishing a business-focussed FP&A function that deeply understands the business drivers
- Analyse and report financial, corporate and management information to an Executive-level audience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior financial management roles within an international environment
- Experience in leading Accounting, Controlling, FP&A, Consolidation and Reporting functions
- Previous experience in working for a Commodity Trading company and a solid understanding of the business (incl. derivatives/paper trading) and its drivers
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Swiss GAAP
- Solid experience in participating to system improvement as well as in change management
- Business partner approach with solid communication skills
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Fluent in English, German and/or any other language is a strong advantage
- Ability to be permanently based in Basel
What’s on offer
Our client is a stable and well-recognised player in the commodity trading sector who is currently experiencing growth. This opportunity will ideally suit a hands-on and seasoned Commodity Trading professional who wants to make a positive impact by being the key interface between the business and Finance.