This is a rolling 12 month contract in Zurich starting ASAP with a strong potential for extension (up to two years).
As the successful candidate you will join a small team of 3 x developers responsible for all Funds Execution for clients predominantly covering Wealth Management and Private clients in Switzerland.
This exciting new project will take core applications and transform them towards our target application architecture incorporating the latest tech stack based on MicroServices.
Our client is looking for a senior Software engineer, who should be capable to pick up all tasks related to the entire lifecycle of product development, i.e. contact with stakeholders, gathering requirements and analysis, design of architecture, implementation, design and write different types of tests, packaging, deployment, support and maintenance software in production; know and understand Agile methodology and its tools.
Responsibilities will include:
• Writing applications responsible for Order and Trade Management
• Working with other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
• Continuous integration testing and related documentation updates
• Actively participate in the design and technology review of the applications written in the team
• Provide support for the existing systems where required
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and be passionate about clean code and good design and bring as many of the following requirements as possible:
• Java developer with 5+ years’ experience (Java 8+)
• You are familiar with cloud-based, Microservice-oriented architecture
• Experience in Behavior Driven Development (JBehave or Cucumber) and automation testing
• You are a keen user of build and test tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Junit, Mockito
• Experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
• You have experience with addressing considerations of low latency, high availability and performance
• You are agile-minded, love experimentation to find solutions and ideally a follower of Scrum/Kanban model
• Fluency in English
The following skills would be nice to have:
• Experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems
• Experience with service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions)
• Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns (Spring integration or Apache Camel)
• Proven track record of developing enterprise, multi-tier applications in particular web services, client server and server side application programming that also include data management aspects
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading and most reputable financial institutions worldwide? We look forward to receiving your application.