Linux, RHEL, Backup, DevOps, Systems Engineering
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This is an initial contract running for 12 months with strong likelihood to extend on a long term basis (up to max five years) based on the project road maps, with start date flexible.
Joining a highly professional and diverse Linux Engineering team of three Senior Linux Engineers the primary responsibilities include design, implementation, and maintenance and third-level support for enterprise-class software and hardware in our Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
This role would be a mix between operational work and project-based activities. This includes:
• Design, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise Linux environment
• Offer third-level support in our Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
• Ensure that activities are undertaken in accordance with the internal policies
• Provide on-call support
• Leads changes related to new releases or design changes to the environment, in cooperation with other internal teams and external service providers.
As the ideal candidate you will be an experienced Linux engineer with very good knowledge in Red Hat Linux systems to work on configurations, deployment, changes, enhancements, trouble shooting.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess as many of the following skills as possible:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration
• Good knowledge in automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower/Automation Platform
• Fluency with code management solutions, in particular GIT and CI/CD tools
• Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite and Capsules
• Systems monitoring, ideally CheckMK and Prometheus
• Consistent track record in provision of third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment
• Fluency in English
The following are nice to have but not mandatory:
• Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment
• Red Hat Certified Professional desirable
• OpenShift experience is advantageous
Please note interviews would be conducted via video call, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. Our client offers:
• The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment on a long-term basis
• 50% working from home
• 20 days working remotely from abroad per year
• Modern office in central Basel (50 minutes direct train from Zurich) with subsidised canteen
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the most important financial companies worldwide? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application before the deadline on Tuesday 21st November.