This is a rolling contract running initially with option to extend up to five years.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team of five engineers, the primary focus of the senior system engineer will be to design, implement and maintain enterprise-class software and hardware in a Linux environment, as well as to provide L3 support (typically there is a 50/50 split between project and BAU work).
Your responsibilities will include improving automation and ensuring the best-practice implementation of core server, database and infrastructure application technologies as well as to contribute to the evolution of the existing technologies so as to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment.
Additional responsibility is to ensure the maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform. The technologies involved are located across two remote data centres (in Zurich and Basel) with extensions to regional offices
We're looking for a candidate who's passionate about new tech and automation with the ability to think out of the box who can introduce new ideas into the team. In order to be considered for this role, you will possess as many of the following skills and experience as possible:
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of system design, installation, operation, monitoring and support of Linux, ideally Red Hat Enterprise (5+ years experience)
• Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
• Experience with DevOps principles and knowledge in automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower
• Configuration management using Puppet
• Good knowledge in backup solutions such as Avamar, Data Domain or NetWorker
• Knowledge in container technology and container orchestrator such as OpenShift
• Experience in Perl and Shell scripting
• Knowledge of Monitoring e.g. Nagios and Prometheus
• You are a self starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland (our client offers a 50/50 split WFH as well as onsite).
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial sectors? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.