This is a rolling contract (with possibility to extend for up to five years) role in Basel, Switzerland, initially running for 12 months, starting ASAP.
As Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer, you will join a small Data Analytics team of passionate individuals responsible for data management on an enterprise level.
Your role will include the following tasks:
• Scopes, analyses, designs, tests and programs in-house business applications both in enhancement and project modes
• Undertakes analysis of business requirements, extracts technological needs from user requirements and translates them into detailed system specifications
• Ensures that the design meets business requirements and that the stakeholders understand the benefits, drawbacks, risks, costs and time scales of design decisions
• For designated systems, prepares system test cases and plans, and also assists customers in preparing their test cases. Executes, records, analyses and reports results of system tests
• Ensures all appropriate systems documentation is prepared and maintained in accordance with relevant standards and conventions
• Provides support for designated production systems on her/his own or with help of internal or external resources
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Around 5 years work experience designing and developing Business Intelligence platforms in Microsoft environments
• Good knowledge on Microsoft BI technology (MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS)
• Hands on experience on coding, code design, strong debugging skills, he/she should have the expertise to dig into the parameters of the code or database when required to debug performance issue
• Proven several years of professional experience, in-depth knowledge of database and DWH development (T-SQL)
• Proven track record in DWH design and BI implementation and enhancement projects
• Very good communication and presentation skills
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
The following skills would be advantageous:
• Multidimensional data modelling skills (Data Vault, Star Schema)
• Building Data Vault Modelling automation by creating various design patterns to modernisation of existing and legacy structures or using metadata driven BIML scripts to create and maintain database objects and SSIS packages
• Well versed on change management processes using TFS and promoting code between environments Dev/UAT/Production.
• Experience using Azure DevOps and continuously detect data issues in the delivery pipeline and increase data validation coverage
• Business Dashboard performance improvement by tuning the cubes, partitions, loading patterns, query optimizations, indexing etc.
• Any experience with Kafka messaging is considered advantageous.
• Experience working in the financial sector would be an advantage
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.