This is a rolling contract start ASAP until March 2021 with option to extend up to five years.
In this far-reaching role you work with a group of networking and firewall enthusiasts from all over the globe working on a number of high-profile initiatives for our client.
Within a highly collaborative team of five engineers, who are responsible for ensure the support and maintenance of business-critical networks through both service provider management and third-level support as required you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementation and maintenance of core server, networking and infrastructure application technologies, ensuring optimal secure environment availability.
- Support and maintenance of network infrastructures and their dependencies, through the application of industry best practices.
- Testing, coordination and implementation of both release-based and environment design changes.
- Management of service providers with an emphasis on efficiency and quality.
- Business-oriented customer relationship management with a focus on high quality of service and clear communication.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekends.
As the suitable candidate, you would have a solid background carrying out operational/maintenance tasks and possess the following skills:
- Proven track record as a Network Engineer (5+ years experience)
- Strong Cisco ISE knowledge, alongside knowledge of NXOS and/or IOS
- Experience in developing and implementing zone concepts using automation tools
- Consistent track record in provision of third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment
- Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment
- Excellent command of English
- You have a high customer orientation and enjoy working in a team
The following skills would be very much desired:
- Palo Alto knowledge a huge advantage
- Big IP F5 load balancing
- Cisco ISE - 802.1 and ACI
- Monitoring, ideally Cisco Prime and Nagios
- Experience with Data Centres
- Knowledge and experience with cabling
- Experience with Infoblox
- German would be a considerable Advantage
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.