This is a full-time, permanent role to support the expansion of company operations and partake in international infrastructure tenders. This position is to be based in Zurich with occasional travel to project locations as necessary.
Due to the size of the organisation, we are seeking an individual with a hands-on approach. He/she should be able to work with minimal support. Experience of importing and exporting goods and services for international projects is required.
• Source and procure goods and services for infrastructure projects in all stages of lifecycle, including full EPCs
• Work jointly with costing team to maintain updated cost database in selected markets
• Works with engineering and cost teams to develop budgets according to projects design and specifications
• Liaise with finance, commercial officers and advisers to develop best sourcing and procurement approach
• Support bid team with required documents, contracts, and sourcing activities
• Negotiate scopes of services and work schedules with preferred suppliers and subcontractors and monitor performance and compliance
• Take active role in preparations of contracts and other related legal documentation with suppliers
• Keep abreast with changes to design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
• Arrange the logistics, transportation, shipping, customs, insurance, incoterms for goods and services worldwide
• Validate and sign-off suppliers and subcontractor’s invoices and manage claims and complaints
• Manage logistics of goods and services and follow-up reception on site
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years proven experience within procurement and supply chain management within infrastructure projects
• Expert knowledge of the procurement lifecycle, commercial implications, and contracts
• Adequate numerical and data analysis excel skills
• Good awareness of construction technologies, processes, materials, commercial and construction legal matters
• Knowledge of procurement regulations and a good understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement internally and externally
• Proven experience of leading and managing a commercial team, with the capability to assemble, lead and motivate a diverse, inclusive, high performing team
• Good teamwork and communication skills
• Proactive self-starter
• Fluent English, German is a plus.