For our international banking client, Swisslinx are looking for a motivated C# .Net Developer with strong database skills, passion for Unit Testing and knowledge of Python for a challenging long term contract role on a project running for the next two to three years in Basel, Switzerland.
This is a rolling contract role starting ASAP (initially running until November 2019) offering the successful candidate an ideal opportunity to build on their experience as a developer in a dynamic and quality focused environment.
In your role as Python Developer, you will work in a small team of business facing developers and work on a project for the migration of the reporting infrastructure for Pension Fund asset portfolios.
• Migrate the current reporting infrastructure implemented in Excel
• Designing and implementing of an operational database solution orchestrated by Python
• Perform guided business related analysis in order to understand the business requirements of the final solution
• Contribute to the optimal design of the tools
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Ability to test Python scripts and familiarity with Python v3.5+, pandas, pytest, matplotlib
• Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2016+
• Experienced in test-driven development concepts, agile (Kanban) development methodologies
• Desire for high code quality and architecture, utilizing techniques such as refactoring, unit- and integration testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and pair programming
• Knowledge of financial instruments and transactions a plus
• Ideally you have a good understanding of financial instruments and transactions, especially related to asset management
• Background working according to Agile or SCRUM practices desirable
• Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills in English
• You are a self-starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
Are you interested to work in an international environment and leader in the field? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.