A well-established European consultancy are currently in search for a Senior Water Supply Design Engineer on a full time basis for their Oman office.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in the department, particularly with respect to network modelling and design. He/She will be capable of providing planning, leadership and technical expertise in management of complex and interdisciplinary projects.
Essential experience and skills:
• At least 15-20 years proven work experience in international development projects with a focus on water supply related schemes
• Specific experience on Potable water supply projects preferably in the Middle East.
• Experience on water supply distribution networks, transmission lines, pipelines, tanks etc
• Sound experience in master plans, studies, design and / or construction supervision of water supply projects
• Shall be proficient in the use of both pressure and gravity network software.
• Ability to verify tender documents (calculations, drawings, specifications, etc.)
• Ability to approve material submittals and as-built drawings
• Fluent language skills (oral and written) in English
• Must have excellent advisory and communication skills as well as report writing skills
• Ability to work effectively in teams as well as being a self-starter personality
• Mobility and ability to work under time-pressure