Oracle databases, MS SQL, PL/SQL, Linux
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
The initial contract for the role would be 12 months with an excellent chance of extension. The ideal start date for the role is ASAP, but our client is flexible to wait for longer notice period.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for management and administration of Oracle database technologies.
- Working as part of a team who are responsible for overall database health, while managing tools and processes to ensure overall reliability, availability and recoverability, of the databases. The team also support other platforms, SQL, SAP IQ and ControlM.
- Ensure that activities are undertaken in accordance with the Bank’s high security standards in alignment with corporate policies, release and change management, and compliance. Incorporate resilience practices such that solutions are adequately protected and able to be sustained during times of adversity
- 7-10 years of experience with Oracle with proven experience working as database administrator / SME for Oracle databases (*****)
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience of Oracle administration tasks (daily operations, provisioning/deployment, backup and recovery, security/patching, monitoring, performance tuning, partitioning/compression, PL/SQL programming). (*****)
- Strong conceptual and operational skills (*****)
- Solid experience with the Linux operating system, scripting (Bash, Python, Perl), backup solutions, job scheduling (ideally Control-M) and security benchmarks (CIS/DoD). (*****)
- Open and honest communication.
- Willingness to collaborate, comfortable to ask questions and work with other.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration. Knowledge of Windows and Power-Shell.
- Knowledge of SAP Sybase IQ.
- Oracle OCP (Performance Management and Tuning) certification
Does this sound like the next opportunity you want to take on? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving applications.