About our client
Our client is one of the leading insurance companies in Switzerland based in Zurich.
On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Senior Software Architect.
This is a 6 month contracting role with the potential to extend or internalise.
This role requires relocation in case of non-local candidates.
Due to visa restrictions we can only consider EU or Swiss passport holders.
- To own and define architecture artefacts, guardrails and technical implementation guidelines in a clear and concise manner
- To define the detailed platform architecture for full stack digital insurance solutions and get the buy-in from the CTOs
- To review and provide recommendations on platform architecture and micro services down to the code level and guide the engineers
- To synthesise requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- To define and support the delivery of integration technologies, APIs etc. including back to front office, legacy to digital and internal and external/ partner integration.
- To lead technical due diligence and assessment for M&A initiatives
- To identify a process & set of KPI's that monitor/drive the digitisation efforts
- To be the champion of Agile ways of working, and platform thinking driving ideas and solutions
- To work with variety of internal and external partners, to run RFI's, RFP's and POC's at pace to support business requirements.
- To take a keen interest in emerging and new technology and its potential application
- To be aware of and able to innovatively respond to the differing compliance, risk and regulatory controls
- To build networks and positive relationships across different cultures and working environments.
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience and executive level presence
- 5+ years of experience as the lead technologist/architect for a major product or service
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Team player and able to work in an environment of high levels of change and diversity of activities
- Highly proactive requiring little day to day direction and enjoy working at pace
- Internal or external consultancy experience with multiple partners and priorities
- Experience of leading teams and senior stakeholder engagement
- Experience of integration of internal/ external and front to back office technologies incl. on premise and cloud environments.
- Insurance or Financial services experience as a senior architect
What’s on offer
- Work for an established Swiss company
- International, multi-cultural and young working environment
- Modern building, excellent canteen, gym on site
- Friendly colleagues
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website. www.swisslinx.com