On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is looking for a Senior Trade Finance Officer with strong relationship management skills to join their team.
- Control and arrange issuance of Letter of credits and Guarantees within Group-wide guidelines
- Daily contact with banks and other financial institution for De-risking of operations via confirmations, discounting/forfaiting, or counter guarantees: requesting/negotiating/selecting offers as per the needs of the company
- Follow up on the active trade finance transactions with the Banks
- Taking part in bank meetings with the product managers
- Ability to meet with senior officials of banks, corporates and develop strong and long-standing relationships
- Ensure the provision of adequate and efficient support services pertaining to Trading & Operations desks, resolving their queries/ problems and thereby help them serve their respective external customers in a more efficient manner
- Warrant the existence of adequate and robust processes and controls to guarantee compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Keeping track of the active TF transactions and keeping pertinent statistics per bank
- Handling queries from the accounting department in connection with TF transactions
- Administration & Maintenance of internal monitoring tools & shared files
- If needed, supporting tasks for the treasury & risk teams
- Ad hoc projects related to treasury and risk functions as well as any other duties assigned by senior management
- 8+ years’ experience in a trade finance position preferably within a commodity trading house (banking background also acceptable)
- Strong transferable portfolio of relationships with banks
- Knowledge of all trade finance tools (L/C, bank guarantee(s), receivables, structured finance deals, transactional trade finance, factoring, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and manage people
- Excellent command of French & English languages.
- Strong IT literacy, especially with MS Office suite. Knowledge of PowerBI, MS Access and Mitigram is a plus
- Team player accustomed to work in a multi-cultural environment. Multi-geographical background a strong plus
- Good team collaboration and communication
- Structured and result-driven way of working
What’s on offer
Our client is a well-established and recognised Trading company experiencing growth. This role will ideally suits someone hands-on who likes to have a varied role and possesses good relationships within the Banking community. The role has lots of exposure and will provide the opportunity to a make a clear impact.