This is a rare opportunity to be able to join such a prestigious and forward thinking institution in a newly created role with the potential to grow into a team leader role in the future.
Our client is increasing the size of their small Windows Engineering team and in this role you will join a highly professional and motivated team responsible for the design, implementation and
maintenance of, and third-level support for enterprise-class software and hardware (front and back-end) in a Microsoft environment.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Maintenance, monitor and enhancement of the core Windows server operating system to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment
• Management of services such as Windows Server deployment
• Monitoring of messaging service platforms
• Lead and deliver IT projects, take responsibility for the implementation of change across the organisation and maintenance of business critical applications
• Leadership of a small team of 2 – 4 external employees
Additional responsibilities consist of providing a stable infrastructure as well as will leadership of peers and delivery of IT projects.
As the ideal candidate you, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• University degree or equivalent experience
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of Windows server technology (5+ years’ experience) in complex environments
• Knowledge of System Centre, PowerShell and of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
• Experience with Active Directory infrastructure design and implementation
• Familiarity with certificate authorities and Kerberos delegation
• Strong knowledge of the design and implementation of Active Directory as well as Group Policies
• Awareness of networking principles, firewalls and segmentation
• Excellent general infrastructure know-how, with experience in complex heterogeneous IT environments
• You are a self-starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
• Very good communication and presentation skills and ability to deal with stakeholders and vendors
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial sectors? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.