Marine Superintendent, Captain, Methanol, Ship Engines, Technical Manager
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
The Technical Manager will report to the Director Shipping and is responsible for all technical aspects in the shipping business for our client.
The function is involved in daily operations of the fleet across the globe by supervising and supporting operations but also shall contribute with in-depth involvement in the Methanol as Marine fuel sector, supporting the Sustainability and Corporate Development team in technical questions about ship operations and technical matters.
- Work closely with the Operations department to ensure safe, most economical, and reliable shipping operations around the world
- Keep daily communication with Captains and monitor shop operations
- Liaise with ship-owners, superintendents, agents and charterers on technical matters
- Manage vetting topics together with ship-managers to ensure acceptable vetting status of owned and chartered tonnage.
- Meet ship-managers on regular basis to discuss technical matters and protect owners/charterers interests
- Oversee and challenge Dry-dock / maintenance planning and budgeting by liaising with technical ship-managers
- Oversee and ensure that all further technical aspects on chartered and owned tonnage are compliant (e.g.: class certifications, on-board spare-parts, compliance with regulations and safety standards)
- Experienced Marine Superintendent, former Captain or former Chief Engineer with extensive experience in the chemical tanker industry
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the tanker industry as Marine Superintendent, Captain, or Chief Engineer
- Knowledge and experience in handling/managing dual-fuel ship engines
- Preferably extensive experience as technical ship-manager
- Preferably experience in managing methanol carriage
- Must be happy to be onsite 5 days a week
- Please upload the degree certificate as well as the latest reference letter