This is a rolling contract starting ASAP (no later than June), with a strong chance of extension (up to two years) or even internalization.
Joining an international team of Software Engineers based in Zurich and ID within the Private Banking & Wealth Management Unit you will be actively involved in a dynamic globally distributed team delivering digital solutions to our clients and prospects, with the aim of supporting a Big Data Migration for two products in the coming months.
Once you have decommissioned the old platform, you would support the re working on workflows and reporting side around UI and visualization.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Adapting the old code/tech stack and reusing for the new Hadoop technology
• Re-engineering and getting deep into code to come up with best migration approach on each use case basis
• Analysis of existing Reports and consolidation of Data Sources
• Pair programming might be needed with the SMEs from India
• Debugging and fixing issues on the fly in UAT or Pre-Prod/Prod environments
• Manage technical connectivity changes in background for Impala, Qlik, Tableau reports with minimal impact to end users
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will possess the following skills:
• 2-3 year of experience of Python & Spark knowhow
• Good working experience with Big Data, ideally of the Hadoop tech stack
• Proven working experience within agile environment
• Fluency in English
The following skills would be nice to have:
• ETL tools & SQL or migration related knowhow is a big plus
• Knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring Boot
• Web technologies such as Angular 7/8/9 or ReactJS
• Experience with tools such as Tableau or Qlik
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies worldwide? We look forward to receiving your application.