Data Engineer, Python, SQL, Snowflake, AWS
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This is a contract starting by Apil 2024 running for 12 months, with good chance of extension. The work place in Rotkreuz, ZG.
The Data Engineer will join an international Data Engineering team at a global diagnostic company and take on a unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming Advanced Analytics products built around the organisation’s platforms.
They hire will work as a team member across the complete life cycle of instrument data products, including architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment, with a main focus on data engineering for machine learning purposes.
The team is made up of a variety of profiles, from Data Scientists specialising in survival analysis, anomaly detection, and natural language processing, to experienced data, systems and software engineers
Your responsibilities would include the following:
• Understand product requirements and translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
• Build robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into data analysis platforms, this will involve batch and streaming techniques as well as cloud-native toolsets
• Leverage big data technologies and cloud services to perform parallel processing on large sets of data
• Apply automation to make the most of our data platform's computation and storage resources
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Min. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, or related degree
• Min. 2 years of experience as a data engineer, preferably in a project environment
• Hands-on Python programming experience
• Experience of Cloud Data Platforms (AWS, Snowflake)
• Experience with SQL development
• Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
• Familiarity with data visualisation tools and libraries (e.g., Tableau, Rshiny, Matplotlib)
Nice to Have:
• Interest in PCR Systems
• Interest in Machine Learning
• Experience with Terraform or others Infrastructure as Code systems
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience working in an agile development environment as part of a sprint team
• Interest in systems reliability engineering
• Experience with dbt and data quality frameworks
Please note the role is based 100% in Switzerland. Our client offers:
• Home office possible after the first two months
• The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment on a long-term basis
• Modern location in Rotkreuz
• Two stage interview process starting 14 Feb (1 round online, 2nd round onsite)
Please note that our client will give preference to locally based candidates in Switzerland.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the most recognised medical devices brands worldwide? Then apply before the deadline on Monday 12 February (including university diploma and written references if possible)! We look forward to receiving your full application.