This is a 12 month contract starting ASAP with strong chance of extension/internalisation.
You will work on a strategic project with the aim of creating a portal that allows direct access to product sales-, client- and performance information as well as fast access to other important reporting tools and documents.
As part of a scaled agile project team in Zurich you will participate in delivering software changes to our stakeholders and supporting the application in production, with the aim of supporting the migration from MS SQL to Oracle 12c/Exadata.
The application is developed with Oracle, SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, C#, HTML 5 and MS Silverlight technologies and your role will be to carry out typical developer tasks such as performance tuning and loading/partitioning of data.
The role includes a cross-border collaboration with team members in Zurich and Poland, which creates an excellent networking and experience-sharing opportunities.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
• 8+ years of experience in working with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence projects
• Extensive knowledge of Oracle Development and performance tuning (up to Oracle 12c)
• Knowledge in MS SQL partitioning, column store, large volumes of data (TBs)
• Experience with Exadata
• Experience with interfaces such as TOAD, TeamCity and SQL Developer.
• Ability to coordinate and independently drive activities to an end.
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Experience with relational, dimensional, multi-dimensional and OLAP techniques & technology.
• Good understanding of Microsoft BI suite (SSIS and SQL Server)
• Any exposure to evolving concepts in MS BI 2019 will be preferred (Power BI, Column Store, Tabular Model, etc).
• Virtual technologies
• Experience of using JIRA
• Financial industry knowledge
• SAFe or other scaled agile experience
• Proven knowledge of Agile methodologies
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or similar
• Strong knowledge of MDX, ADO, .NET, XMLA
• Proficiency in developing Cubes using SSAS, and developing reports using SSRS
The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and home office will be offered post COVID (2-3 days per week).
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland.
Are you a passionate Oracle specialist looking for a role within an international and progressive environment? We look forward to receiving a copy of your CV.