Data Analyst, Financial Analyst, Excel, BI, Tableau
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This role acts as the link between the Finance and commercial departments of Marketing & Sales (M&S) and Supply Chain & Logistics (S&L). The role-holder is responsible for ensuring that long-dated liquid chemical sales are matched with the associated global shipping and storage costs to generate a true gross profit view.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a critical eye and enthusiasm for data analysis, needing an ability to dig into details and resolve inaccuracies, and build relationships across various stakeholder groups within a global team.
- Work with the Global Netback Reconciliation, reconciling data from the
company’s three locations (Singapore, Houston and Wollerau), to generate an
accurate and timely monthly netback reconciliation
- Perform preliminary price calculations for the basis of the initial purchases of
methanol, integrating commercial assumptions from all parts of the company
- Perform accrual calculations, e.g. at month or year-end, for goods still in transit
or in storage
- Support in Finance reporting (MRP) and cost analysis, e.g. preparing reports
- that support the financial statements and explain the inventory commercial
background to senior stakeholders
- Perform ongoing cost analysis to monitor variances and gaps
- Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting or Finance related subject
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in a similar role. Knowledge of supply chain and operations terms, especially Incoterms.
Understanding of commodity market environments or shipping and logistics is an advantage
- Curiosity for complex formulas and an ability to comfortably handle large
quantities of data
- Strong Excel skills, including knowledge of formulas, macros, Power Pivot and
- Ideally experience using BI and Tableau would be nice to have
- Knowledge and experience of using programming and coding languages with large quantities of data (e.g. Python, C++, Visual Basic,
or others) would be an advantage
- Understanding of ERP systems and how to use these to extract and handle data
- A strong team player able to build relationships across various stakeholder groups
- Fluent in German and English
- Please upload the degree certificate as well as the latest reference letter