For our client, one of the most instantly recognizable brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a well-qualified Java Developer with experience of Java 8, Spring Boot and experience of real time transaction processing systems to join an electronic trading team.
This is a rolling 12 month contract in Zurich starting ASAP with a strong potential for extension.
As the successful candidate you will join a small team of highly qualified individuals which operates an ultra-low latency set of price distribution and client trading applications supporting multiple products globally.
Initially the focus will be on expanding the eFX platform in order to support more regions, more asset classes and more clients and work end to end on the following:
• Development of new applications in the area of order and trade management applications
• Automated build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments.
• Research and development of new cross-asset platform based on our strategic execution and trade management system
Here is an overview of the role’s main responsibilities:
• Writing applications responsible for Pricing and Trading
• Working with other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
• Continuous integration testing and related documentation updates
• Actively participate in the design and technology review of the applications written in the team
• Provide support for the existing systems where required
• Core development in Java or C#. Emphasis on Java
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications who can fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
• Java developer with 5+ years’ experience (Java 8+)
• A very thorough understanding of Java technology fundamentals and design patterns used in real-time transaction processing systems
• High level of experience with low latency platforms (developing low latency, high availability multithreaded code)
• Excellent understanding of Garbage Collection and writing low garbage code
• Fluency in English
In addition you will ideally bring the following:
• Domain knowledge in FX G10, Emerging Markets or other Fixed Income products.
• Experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems
• Experience with service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions)
• Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns (Spring) and Spring Boot
• Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (Cucumber)
• Experience in Build and Test Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven, Junit, Mockito, GIT/Subversion)
• Experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.