On behalf of our client, a global leader within the Pharmaceutical Industry, Swisslinx are currently looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join a contracting opportunity in Basel area with a possible extension.
In this role you would champion organizational analytics learning, and ensure that expertise continues to flourish and develop towards future business needs. You are responsible for creating operational plans for the Clinical Operations team and partnering closely with business leaders and end users to understand needs, build or leverage existing capabilities and develop analytical solutions. Accountable for addressing key business questions using primary and secondary data sources in effectively planning and executing trials and support broader clinical operations. Additionally, you have an understanding of drug development, therapeutic area knowledge relevant to our client's Pharma’s pipeline and marketed portfolio, internal strategies/tactics, and external trends.
- Design and implement analyses using a variety of data sources such as electronic medical records, clinical trials, genomics, etc. The evidence and insights generated will inform the study management teams and support clinical operations decisions. This will require an understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, clinical trial data, as well as good knowledge of the clinical trial management systems and data science expertise.
- Dive into data: Develop a comprehensive understanding of the clinical operational data and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications.
- Implement analytics solutions: Work closely with data partners to design and implement efficient analytics tools.
- Act as a partner to all relevant teams and stakeholders. Identify evidence needs & recommend and implement data solutions
- Apply analytical and statistical methods to answer a variety of business questions using multiple data sources and technical tools.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of enrollment and engagement efforts, projects, and practices and identify opportunities to optimize value of investments.
- Increase the sophistication and application of advanced analytics methods (including predictive modeling, machine learning, and scalable prototypes) to measure study performance and guide program-level decisions efficiently and at the speed of business.
- Regularly assess and adjust priorities based on stakeholder feedback, organizational needs, and strategic relevance
- Demonstrate strategic agility and an ability to engage stakeholders to understand and diagnose Clin Ops problems and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Acquire, aggregate and/or curate data and information.
- Produce high quality analyses: Plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability.
- MSc, PhD or similar educational background, in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, epidemiology, economics or physical sciences)
- 2+ years relevant work experience preferably within pharmaceutical (ideally Clinical Operations or Drug Development) or biotech industry and/or management consulting
- Experience in some of the following areas: Patient Insights, Investigator Insights, Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, Data Analytics, Advanced Data Analytics, Resourcing, Information Visualization and/or Data Science
- Experience using scripting, statistical & programming languages, visualization and analytical tools a plus (i.e. Python, Tableau, Spotfire, R, SAS, Google/Adobe analytics, SQL)
- Hands-on experience implementing advanced analytics and interacting with diverse data sources to translate and enable Clinical Operations decisions
- Record of accomplishment of effectively working in a matrix environment with international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority.
- Experience with agile methodologies (i.e. scrum) is a plus.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)