The ideal candidate will have experience with carbonate reservoirs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide geological insight into relevant aspects of reservoirs within the portfolio.
· Ensure continued evaluation and integration of geological, geophysical, engineering data (and production data, if available), to develop detailed geological understanding of the reservoirs in company assets.
· Supervise building and updating of static models for company assets.
· Ensure constructive cooperation with internal and external stake holders through effective coordination and communication.
· Supervise geological input into well planning, drilling, completion, stimulation, testing and work-over programs.
· Supervise uncertainty analysis for mapping, modelling and reserves calculations, using geostatistical approaches for existing fields and near field developments including near field exploration prospects.
· Ensure active participation in well delivery process (well locations, well proposals).
· Supervise QA/QC of various well data acquisition and subsurface studies programs.
· Supervise support to the geological operational activities during drilling campaigns, and provide post well analysis, integrating all acquired data.
· Supervise effective integration of key aspects of fracture characterization and modelling into the development of pilot models.
· Supervise reservoir studies interfacing with dynamic modelling in accordance with technical systems standards, internal guidelines, and best practices.
· Represent the team in partner meetings, peer reviews.
· Provide decision making support to management in the form of presentations as required.
· Liaise with external experts and vendors to ensure new technologies and improved workflows are implemented internally and influence development of new tools and functionality.
· Ensure active participation in the technical assurance process.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
· Petroleum Geologist with 15-25 years of experience in an operating company or similar.
· MSc or PhD in Geoscience
· Held similar positions leading high-performance technical teams.
· Extensive experience with carbonate reservoirs and understands the general depositional environments of a carbonate platform.
· Extensive experience with the general rock types associated with various depositional settings within a carbonate platform.
· Extensive experience with the elements of geo-modeling workflows including facies and property modeling.
· Understands the tectonic overprint leading to development of fracture networks, particularly the controls on fracture density.
· Understands the characterisation of fractures and direct and indirect detection of fractures in a wellbore.
· Deep understanding of sequence stratigraphic concepts and able to guide co-workers to obtain consistency in sequence stratigraphic interpretations.
· Supervisory experience in all elements of geo-modeling workflows including facies and property modeling.
· Excellent communication skills.
· A track record of defining, organising, and delivering projects on time.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate colleagues.
Other Areas of Expertise Required: