This is a rolling contract with option to extend up to five years.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team, the primary focus of the senior system engineer will be to design, implement and maintain enterprise-class software and hardware in an enterprise environment, as well as to provide L3 support.
Your responsibilities will be to improve automation and ensuring the best-practice implementation of core server, database and infrastructure application technologies as well as to contribute to the evolution of the existing technologies so as to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment.
You will also be responsible for maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform based on Networker and DataDomain. The technologies involved are located across two remote data centres (in Zurich and Basel) with extensions to regional offices.
We're looking for a candidate who's passionate about new technologies and automation with the ability to think out of the box who can introduce new ideas into the team.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess solid track record in Backup and Restore and meet the following requirements:
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of system design, installation, operation, monitoring and support of Linux, ideally Red Hat Enterprise
• Experienced as a Backup Administrator for Multiple OS platforms and Databases
• Experienced with Avamar, Veeam, or preferably Networker (as admin users)
• Experienced with DataDomain (as an admin user)
• Vsphere Admin user comfortable with snapshots and backup proxy integrations
• Comfortable being a key go to member of the team for B&R activities/support across all platforms
• Able to proactively improve the B&R environment via automation
• You are a self starter and have the ability to pick new concepts up quickly
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.