This is a rare opportunity to be able to join such a prestigious institution and offers a candidate with mid-level experience and strong understanding of data modelling and the Microsoft BI stack to gain exposure to a multitude of areas in the bank on 12 month rolling contract role in Basel, Switzerland (with potential for extension up to five years) starting in August/September.
As Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer, you will join a small team 10 developers responsible for data management on an enterprise level and be primarily responsible for the design, development, testing and support of the Bank’s main Business Intelligence platform.
The team is highly collaborative and team focused and is driving the adoption of CI/CD and DevOps practices as well as working according to Data Vault principles with the aim of creating a next generation DWH solution.
The BI Developer will work together with the Business Intelligence team, business stakeholders, information designers and data consumers to determine, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems which support transformation of operational data into the analytical framework for data-driven decision making.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• 5+ years work experience designing and developing Business Intelligence platforms in Microsoft environments
• Good knowledge on Microsoft BI technology (MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS)
• Hands on experience on coding, code design, strong debugging skills (candidates should have the expertise to dig into the parameters of the code or database when required to debug performance issue)
• Proven several years of professional experience, in-depth knowledge of database and DWH development (T-SQL)
• Multidimensional data modelling skills (Data Vault, Star Schema)
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
The following skills are nice to have:
• Building Data Vault Modelling automation by creating various design patterns to modernisation of existing and legacy structures or using metadata driven BIML scripts to create and maintain database objects and SSIS packages
• Well versed on change management processes using TFS and promoting code between environments Dev/UAT/Production.
• Experience using Azure DevOps and continuously detect data issues in the delivery pipeline and increase data validation coverage
• Business Dashboard performance improvement by tuning the cubes, partitions, loading patterns, query optimizations, indexing etc.
• Any experience with Kafka messaging is considered advantageous.
• Understanding of banking BI solutions, either in launching new features or redesigning existing systems.
• Experience working in the financial sector would be an advantage
• Very good communication and presentation skills
• Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical approach
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.