commodities, supply chain, logistics, vessels, freight
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, economics, or a similar field.
- At least 4 years' experience in supply chain/logistics or commodity management, ideally within metals, fossil fuels and steel products.
- Solid knowledge of financial markets that influence commodity prices.
- Experience working with commodity trading and risk management software.
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well with subordinate personnel from various departments.
- Founded understanding of INCOTERMS.
- Good understanding of common financial tools including LC’s, CAD, Guarantees etc.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, proficiency in Chinese an added advantage.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Handling and controlling of the logistic chain from production to end-user.
- Controlling sea going vessels and obtaining market intelligence on sea freight.
- Demurrage and dispatch calculations.
- Controlling cargo stocks and handling cargo claims.
- Issuing and handling of purchase and sales contracts.
- Cooperation with colleagues from employer, ports, railway, ship owner, insurance, banks and end-users.
If you are interested to learn more about this intriguing opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application.