Linux, Networking, Databases, SQL, Python
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
On behalf of our client, a multinational investment bank, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Senior Linux Engineer.
This is a 12-month contracting opportunity based in Zurich with the plan to internalize after the initial contract duration.
- 3-4 years experience of working on a mid-sized Linux platform (RHEL 6 and above), which ideally includes
o Systems administration, configuration management and patching
o Response to cyber and operational risk management controls and remediation
o Proactively monitoring system performance, capacity planning and risk
- Familiarity with essential networking concepts including TCP/IP, network routing and firewalls.
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with shell scripting and Python.
- Ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team, while able to operate independently.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
Nice to Have
- Experience with SAP Sybase ASE or MongoDB is desirable.
- Familiar with RESTful web services and microservices architectures.
- Ability to read and understand Java code, ideally including JDBC and interaction with databases.
- Experience with SDLC and Github/Gitlab desirable
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
What’s on offer
- Work for an established international bank
- International and multi-cultural working environment