This is a brand new team within the International Trading Systems organisation within the bank so it is an exciting opportunity! We are looking for very motivated and dynamic candidates with significant experience working in a similar role within trading and/or banking. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in support and troubleshooting and be familiar with DevOps tools.
Please look at the list of responsibilities and required skills below and if this looks like a good match then click apply!
- In this position you build and maintain positive relationships with our key partners particularly with the business users and application development to provide a single point of contact for IT issues in this space
- You investigate current issues in order to provide our business with solutions or workarounds to minimise business impact and especially external client impact
- You coordinate with other IT teams to resolve complex issues across systems owned by different departments
- You are responsible for root cause analysis to ensure issues are permanently fixed in order to improve the quality of our platform and the user/client experience
- You lead major incident resolution to ensure that incidents which may have an adverse impact are appropriately resolved
- Last but not least you drive improvements across software applications including monitoring and automation
- There is on call rota that deals with out of hours critical incidents (this is just an on-call service – not night shift)
- 5 Years or more experience of working as a Senior Support team member in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment, in a high pressure, demanding area such as Banking / Trading
- Strong technical skills on Unix (e.g. handling files, searching logs, checking processes), Databases / SQL (Oracle / Sybase / Microsoft SQL), Windows Server and good understanding of Networks
- Development background (.Net, Java, Python, SQL)
- Strong analytical skills and Problem Solving Skills
- Strong listening & spoken communication skills in English and strong client facing skills
- Good understanding of Business Flows in the financial sector (Equities, FX, Structured Products, etc.)
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Science, an equivalent education or equivalent experience
Due to the high demand of applicants, we will only be able to contact those most suitable for the position.