On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is looking for an independent and hands-on Shipping Accountant to be responsible for the preparation of the financial transactions and financial statements of the company.
- Prepare financial statements and group reporting according to IFRS and OR
- Prepare Cash Flows and reporting such as budget vs. actual, profit & loss statements, chartering income, etc.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as well as provide support in preparing third-party invoices
- Process and manage payments
- Control revenues & expenses and create accrual-files
- Declare VAT
- Be the point of contact for Auditors and support Managing Directors regarding Accounting queries
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Accounting or relevant education, Federal Specialist status a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS (especially IFRS 16) and experience with ABACUS will be favoured
- Previous experience working in the shipping experience will be an asset
- Precise, conscientious, independent and service-oriented
- Fluent in German and English
What’s on offer
Our client offers an international, dynamic and pleasant working environment. It’s a very stable and solid company where you can expect to have long-term career perspectives. This role will ideally suit an Accountant who enjoys being part of a team but can work in an independent way as the only finance person in the immediate unit.